To move to the next text field on the form:
- Use the Tab key and it will move you to the next
available text field. The blinking vertical line indicates
a text field. You can type in text here. Hit the Tab
- Click on the button with the little hand on the
menu bar of the PDF form. Now when you move your mouse
over the form a little hand should appear. When you
click and drag the hand it moves the form. You can
move the form to the text field you want to type.
When you move the hand over a text field the hand
will change to an I-beam. When this turns into a blinking
vertical line you can begin to type.
To check a box:
- You must click the box with your mouse.
- You cannot tab to a check box, you must use the
mouse to move to the box.
To make a correction:
- Use the mouse to move the hand back to the text
you typed in and click on it. This will highlight
the text. Now you can retype your corrections.
- You can move the hand back to uncheck a check box
too with a click.
Save the PDF form to the same directory as
your supporting documents.
How to print out a PDF form after typing
- Select "File" > "Print" from
the Adobe Acrobat Reader menu.
If the printout did not include the last
text typed on the form:
Note: Typing on this form does not
submit the form electronically. You must still finish
the last steps by printing out the form, signing it, scanning
it back into your computer, and attaching it.
- You must hit the enter key after entering text in
the last field. To get to the next page of the form
click on the arrow at the top of the Adobe Acrobat
Reader, Menu Bar.